Top 10 Weight Loss Tips for Moms - Tip 4 Stop Blaming Your Genetics!

Do you blame your "imperfections" on your mother or grandmother? Come on, admit it. As a child I remember hearing my mother say, "I hate my knees. I got them from Nanna." Subsequently, I grew up hating my knees and thinking, "Well, I inherited these "ugly" knees." When I met my husband one of the first things he told me was that he finds my knees very sexy.
I'm sure at some point in your life you knew or know someone who could eat pretty much whatever they want and not gain an ounce. Talk about frustrating, especially if you are spending hours in the gym and not seeing any changes to your body. Unfortunately, a very small number of the people are like this. I'm not one of them. So, where does that leave us, the other 99% of the population, whose body's do not take kindly to processed and manufactured foods?
While genetics are responsible for your hair and eye colour, I don't think it is fair to entirely blame weight to our genetics. The human race has been around for thousands of years, and we have NEVER seen obesity like we see it now. Never has the rate of obesity been what it is today. And our nation's weight issues are only gaining momentum. And obesity is no longer just a problem in North America, our European friends have been introduced to processed and fast food now too, and their obesity rate is on the rise as well.
So, while genetics do affect many areas of our lives, I can tell you that it doesn't matter what your genetics are, you can lose weight and achieve the body you want. I have literally seen hundreds, even into thousands of people transform their lives and achieve and KEEP the bodies they want. We weren't designed to be overweight, but we have been offered addictive "food" by manufacturers and we have forgotten what and how we were meant to eat. Processed food is full of additives, chemicals, (MSG) and harmful food dyes, and these are things our bodies don't know what to do with. And we are left feeling hungry, not satisfied, and gross after eating this "food". Not to mention carrying additional, unhealthy body fat.
Now why don't you can give your mother a call and apologize to her if you have weight issues and you've blamed it on your genetics. After all, it's not completely her fault, now is it?
For your FREE Guide To Beat Belly Fat visit: http://www.incrediblebodynow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment